Working with a customer with PAN9020

Hi Team,

I am a Panasonic rep in Mexico. we are working with a customer with the Module PAN9020. The customer has the following comments:

• I do not see that the module has the capacity for diversity of antennas, which is one of the requirements.

• Is there access to any ADC in the CPU? We need to have access to the ADC.

• The module has the capacity to work in band widths of 20 and 40 Mhz. For the module that we use in our products we do not need bandwidth of 40 Mhz only of 20Mhz. This can increase the cost of the module.

• The USB option is not required.

• We do not need the antenna that comes with the module since we use antennas printed on the PCB.

What do you recommend?

Thanks for your support.

1reply Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Following the reply to the comments about PAN9020U module:

• I do not see that the module has the capacity for diversity of antennas, which is one of the requirements.

[PAN] PAN9020U doesn't support antenna diversity.

• Is there access to any ADC in the CPU? We need to have access to the ADC.

[PAN] No.  

• The module has the capacity to work in band widths of 20 and 40 Mhz. For the module that we use in our products we do not need bandwidth of 40 Mhz only of 20Mhz. This can increase the cost of the module.

[PAN] The PAN9020U supports 802.11n 40MHz by 88W8782U Wi-Fi SoC. We cannot switch off, but it is also no cost increase. 

• The USB option is not required.

[PAN] The USB interface is needed, as it is the driver interface from customer's host processor running a Linux system.

• We do not need the antenna that comes with the module since we use antennas printed on the PCB.

[PAN] The PAN9010U is the model without antenna, means it has a 50 Ohm RF pad.

What do you recommend?

If antenna diversity is a must, we cannot support.

Reply Like
Like Follow
  • Status Answered
  • 1 yr agoLast active
  • 1Replies
  • 224Views
  • 2 Following