Delay in Advertising Channels with PAN 1026

Hello,

I am working on PAN1026. I set the advertising interval of 152.50 ms. 
But sometimes there is a huge delay in advertising channels.

I saw a delta of about 320-350 ms.

Due to these delays, we are facing huge connection problems.
Can you please help me why the controller creates these many delays on the advertising channel?

How i can fix the problem?

Waiting for your kind help.

Regards

2replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • But sometimes there is a huge delay in advertising channels.

I saw a delta of about 320-350 ms.

How do you measure these "delays"?

Are you using both Bluetooth Classic and Bluetooth Low Energy at the same time or only Bluetooth Low Energy?

Can you please help me why the controller creates these many delays on the advertising channel?

As you know Bluetooth Low Energy is operating in the ISM 2.4GHz band, together with Wi-Fi, ZigBee, 802.15.4, microwave ovens, ... That 2.4GHz band is usually really crowded.

Especially advertising is working "best effort". It is done on channels 37 (2402 MHz), channel 38 (2426 MHz) and channel 39 (2480 MHz) in a round-robin fashion.

When PAN1026 is doing some advertising on any of these channels and something else nearby is currently already transmitting on that frequency then the advertising is disturbed and may not be received by another device nearby.

So usually there is no delay, but advertisements are lost because of interference, low reception conditions and many other things.

Due to these delays, we are facing huge connection problems.

The advertising interval can be freely configured, down to 20ms. The shorter the advertising interval, the quicker a connection can be established.

• Michael Hunold said:
    How do you measure these "delays"?

I measured the delays using BLE sniffer from frontline. 

Michael Hunold said:
    Are you using both Bluetooth Classic and Bluetooth Low Energy at the same time or only Bluetooth Low Energy?

I am only using BLE.

Like Follow
  • Status Answered
  • 8 mths agoLast active
  • 2Replies
  • 25Views
  • 2 Following